Random Thoughts from a Spoiled Whiner

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A New Business Plan

First, an update to the stupid work stuff that I let get to me.

I went to the doctor for a check up regarding a problem I've had for the past few months. I went there on Monday after the stressful meetings with bosses and HR to figure out what to do if my work problem becomes harassment.

That afternoon, I go to see the doctor (who ended up not being there). The nurse checked my vitals, looked at me concerned, and told me my blood pressure was high. Every time I'd been there in the last 3 months that was not a problem. I'm not even in my thirties yet, and that day I had high blood pressure!

Maybe I should take up yoga. Then, once I learn the art of yoga and lollipop making, maybe I can incorporate the two. That could be a fun, relaxing work out with the reward of a well earned lollipop at the end. Once I really hone my skill, I could have my protégés teach the classes while I have a small stand in the lobbies of the Cirque du Soleil shows. I would mix human contortionism with lollipop making. It would be an art that was unappreciated in its own time, except at Cirque du Soleil.

I have found a new mission. Let's see if I choose to accept it...And possibly before someone else does.

Granted, if someone else does it faster, I wouldn't mind some royalties for the idea. Who knows? Maybe we could work together on how to fine tune and make it the best yogi-lollipop exercise shop around. Then, our next stop would be marketing, and having t-shirts with a profile of person standing on one leg, while the other leg goes from behind to over her head holding a lollipop stick over a vat of syrup. Then we'd move on to other hard candies and baked goods, build up enough of a fan base that we begin a franchise business and become as large as, dare I say it, STARBUCKS!!

Eh... I think I like the idea of having my little stand outside the Cirque du Soleil show. Then it's still simple, personal, and quality. Plus if I got with the touring group, I could travel and see the world. Yep, guess this means I should start the company first.

I wonder how much it costs to take yoga classes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home