Random Thoughts from a Spoiled Whiner

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Positive Thinking?

There is some debate over whether or not positive thinking actually helps. Does it really help one deal with a situation? Or does it merely make one delusional and in denial of the reality at hand?

Either way, I have quotes in my cube and home restroom to keep me in check. I like to think they don't assist in denial, but remind me to possibly take another perspective on a situation.

Here they are in a random order of no significance:

1) If you see the land of milk and honey on the other side, you are in better shape than most. Just don't lose sight of that goal and remember "baby steps". Large leaps just don't happen that often. - My dad

2) Discipline is the key to freedom...True freedom includes the ability to focus, an inner peace, self-acceptance, and clarity of intention.

3) When the door of happiness closes, another opens; but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one, which has been opened for us.

4) Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

5) "-amare et sapere vix deo conceditur!" Translation: "-even a god finds it hard to love and be wise at the same time"

6) "I can handle anything that life throws at me. I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently -- but I will handle it."

I have more, but why overload anyone. We'll see if this helps anyone else in their need for a positive outlook when feeling low. Occasionally they help me.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger a woman under the influence said…

    I think your writing is delightful. I look forward to seeing posts in the future!

    http://awomanundertheinfluence.blogspot.com/2006/08/random-quotes-to-spoiled-whiner.html

    It is the highest form of flattery, after all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home